Saturday, May 16, 2009

Who is your neice's baby?


Yesterday Charlie's neice had a baby--he is the first grandbaby, and the first great-grandbaby! We are so happy! But, now I am wondering what he is to "us"--and to our kids? All that geneology stuff makes my head swim, LOL! Well--for now all I know is that he is a cute, healthy baby, and I hope to meet him before he gets too old (they live in Texas)!
So--of course I had to make one of Lauren's cute baby onsie cards for them! This is one of my favorite baby cards to make. I especially love it with the ruffles, but it looks too girlie that way! I used to use round brads, but then I saw the tiny button brads from GinaK, and they added the perfect touch! I am almost out of that DSP (it's retired from SU), so I guess I'll have to start looking around for more "boy baby" patterns soon!

6 comments:

  1. I think your niece's baby is your grand-nephew. Love the buttons and stitching on the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure if it's great or grand-nephew...either way, I bet he's CA-UTE! Congrautlations Auntie :) Great onesie card too!! i like the 'stitching' on the shoulders...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I bet she loved it. Very cute take on this pattern, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!.... love the stitching! Totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too stinkin' cute! How fun..I love these onsie cards and the stitching on this is absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet comment Sharon - I can't remember WHERE I bought the paper piercing template but if you google paper piercing I think you'll find a wealth of resources. I do know that one gal said she stamped a flourish on vellum and then laid that over and pireced the vellum. Mine is just a strip about 1-1/2" x 4 " made out of metal and several pretty swrily patterns. Glad you liked it - I LOVE your onesie card - my favorite kind of baby card to make :-O

    ReplyDelete