Monday, February 15, 2010

What's in YOUR (thought) closet?


Do you wonder why in the world I am posting a picture of my messy closet?

Well, I'm taking a really good Bible study right now called "Me Myself & Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild. It's only a six week study, but it is packed with powerful ideas on how to change the way you think about yourself and your life experiences! I took a good look at my real life closet--chaotic and overflowing, packed with some clothes I NEVER wear that are just taking up valuable space (just ask my DH when he sees our electric keyboard covered with my tossed off clothes!), but also housing some precious treasures from my childhood tucked up on the shelves. It really was a good mirror for my own "thought" closet.

Jennifer encourages us to be aware of what is in our thought closets (I love that she doesn't say to just ignore them--we do have to deal with them) and focus on making God the center of our thought closet. At one point in the book she gives a long list of "truthful labels" (along with the verses) to use whenever we are faced with negative thoughts about ourselves or our lives. This week will be the final class. It has gone fast, but has been so enjoyable!

(and maybe I'll muster up the energy to purge my real life closet--my DH can only hope so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment